How to apply
You do not need to have been a victim of a ram-raid-style burglary or aggravated robbery to apply.
- The $4,000 (inclusive of GST) subsidy is only for fog cannons. It can’t be used for other crime prevention measures.
- To complete this application you must be authorised to complete this application on behalf of the business.
- If you don’t own the business premises, talk to your landlord before applying for the fog cannon subsidy. You may need their permission to install one or more fog cannons in accordance with your lease.
- Once your application is approved based on the information you have provided, you will be emailed with a voucher code and a list of fog cannon providers. You will need to talk to your preferred fog cannon provider to negotiate the price and organise installation – you will need to provide them with the voucher code. MBIE will not be involved in this and has no liability for these decisions and provides no warranties or guarantees in relation to any fog cannon or fog cannon provider.
- MBIE will pay the subsidy directly to the provider after installation is complete. You are required to pay the balance of the price (if any) to the provider. The provider may require you to pay a deposit.